Upcycled Sounds Records is a collaborative community of our favourite artists, working with us to produce and release great new music. It currently features ten artists doing creative things across folk, alt-pop, jazz and experimental genres, mixed in with electronic and experimental production from Upcycled Sounds.
* Bambino dell'Oro. Oxford folktronica and experimental music.
* Jack Durtnall. London folk and soul singer-songwriter. Reached BBC Radio 1 Introducing Track of the Week and has been shortlisted for multiple awards.
* Jay Sunaway. London musical collective playing and recording folk-inspired music.
* Limpet Space Race. New Oxford duo mishmashing folk, jazz and pop.
* Matt Chanarin. Oxford folk and roots singer-songwriter, with refreshing lyrics and a reggae twist.
* Òkina. An amorphous selection of musicians from Oxford who create intricate music which combines folk, jazz and electronica.
* Rosie Caldecott. Oxford altfolk singer, songwriter and visual artist.
* Sophie Janna. Amsterdam folk singer, reinterpreting Irish, Scottish, English and American traditionals. Tours worldwide in her duo, The Lasses.
* Zander Sharp. Bristol-based singer-songwriter experimenting with folk, jazz and electronia.
* Zeitgeber. Sydney duo blending world, dance, progressive, psychedelic and electronic music, incorporating Balkan and African rhythms.
The label is run by musicians for musicians, so we’ve developed a collaborative distribution model which allows our artists to access professional releases and publicity from a label community while retaining the rights to their material. More here: upcycledsounds.eu/upcycled-sounds-records